Friday, July 31, 2009

Re: [asterisk-biz] Skype technology licensing. (Action Required)



On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Peter Beckman <beckman@angryox.com> wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2009, Dean Collins wrote:

> Ahmmm isn't the Junk folder where spam should be moved to? At least
> thats where every other spam application moves my spam to?

 Maybe if that's the way you like it, sure.  For most people who want spam
 gone, Deleted Items is probably a safe bet.

 Again, while I think the lack of configurability for the location it puts
 things it wants to delete is shortsighted, for most people I'm guessing
 it works just fine.  It just doesn't work for you, and that's fair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Beckman                                                  Internet Guy
beckman@angryox.com                                 http://www.angryox.com/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally want spam to go to a spam folder until I delete it.

No matter how good the spam filtering is, there are false positives and I would prefer to simply glance at massive amounts of obvious spam for the obvious false positives than dig through valid yet deleted mails which would be much harder to spot.

I delete tons of mails but do not empty until whatever reasonable amount of time has passed that I am almost positive that something won't pop up, leaving me wishing I could retrieve that deleted item.

Sure, I could go fishing on tapes or whatever backup method is utilized, but I think going to a spam folder much better.

--
Thanks,
Steve Totaro
+18887771888 (Toll Free)
+12409381212 (Cell)
+12024369784 (Skype)

No comments: